- Anxiety or depression are at all-time highs
- Suicide among youth has risen to alarming levels
- 1 in 3 lack a close relationship with a caring adult
- Many struggle to see the value of school or planning for future careers
- Technology has propelled this generation into nervous exhaustion
- COVID-19 and the perceived unraveling of a secure society has added fuel to the fire
At Be The One, we understand the many unique challenges our youth face today. Through mentorship, students are connected with an adult that matches their interests and personality. For one hour a week students meet with their mentor at school in a safe and positive environment. Be The One removes the financial burden of the program from the school by raising community support to fund a full time Mentor Coordinator position who is an employee of the school. Be The One also helps by attracting mentors and training them to effectively connect with students.