For details on our Giving Strategies, What the money is used for, and how you can get involved. (Download printable PDF).
- Sponsors – 3-year commitments of $500 or more annually (can be given monthly)
- Partners – monthly donations of any amount
- Donors –One-time gifts
Average individual one-time gifts: $500/ range of $200 – $1,200 per year
Average annual corporate gifts: $2,000/ range of $500 – $9,000 per year
Average church, community organization gifts: $2,500 / range of $500 – $6,000 per year
We focus on cultivating local community engagement to build sustainable financial support of our
Be the One strategies. Why? Because no one cares about our kids like we do.
What Is The Money Used For?
Partners for Schools gives a designated gift to the school district from the community to fund a Mentor Coordinator position. Funding also goes towards T-shirts, program software, supplies and an annual celebration event.
Why Is A Mentor Coordinator Needed On Campus?
We are committed to a safe and beneficial experience for our students and community. To facilitate this, a professional campus-based mentor coordinator is required. This skilled school employee has access to students, student records and schedules and works to create a unique match with a mentor. The mentor coordinator also conducts background checks on mentors, provides orientations and mentor trainings, provides coaching on relationship challenges and manages the program. A mentor coordinator can manage between 50-60 relationships (120 people and their schedules).
Why A 3-Year Commitment?
While we gladly receive all gifts, a 3-year commitment is especially valuable. Mentoring is a proven long-term strategy that supports development of resilient and motivated students. Success metrics demonstrate significant improvements during the 2nd year of a relationship and each year thereafter. Therefore, sustainable annual funding is critical to positive outcomes.
How Can We Donate?
- Checks can be mailed to: Partners for Schools, 1706 Front St. #452, Lynden, WA 98264
- Donate Online. https://www.betheonetoday.org/donate
- Donations can be designated for a particular school district. Non- designated funds will be allocated where they are most needed.
Are Donations Tax Deductible?
Be the One is a program of Partners for Schools, a 501c3 non-profit organization. Tax ID # 27-3867910. Your contribution is tax deductible as allowable by law.
What Are The Program Costs?
The mentor coordinator salary and benefit costs are generally in the range of $56,000/year for each school for a full-time position. An additional $6,000 is used to cover program software subscriptions, tshirts and event costs.
How Does BTO Benefit The Community?
- For every $1 invested in youth mentoring programs there is a $3 minimum return to society (productive & contributing citizens, taxpayers, future volunteers). –The Mentoring Effect-MENTOR
- Youth with mentors are more likely to engage in positive behaviors (social, emotional, behavioral, and academic) and report positive outcomes. –The Mentoring Effect- MENTOR
- “Mentoring can change the trajectory of a kid’s life…and help mitigate toxic stress.” -Dr. Betty Molina Morgan
Everybody wins with the BTO strategic approach. Our youth gain steadfast and faithful support from caring adults over a long period of time in a very real and personally affirming relationship. Our mentors always tell us they feel they get as much from the relationship as they give. Every member of our school staff feels encouraged and supported when we as a community engage with students for positive outcomes. We decrease harmful youth behaviors. Finally, we as a community benefit with improved citizen values for adults and students alike, while raising hope for a bright future together.
Community Engagement Budget: 2018 – 2019 School Year
Lynden High School & Middle School BTO Programs:
- 2 Mentor Coordinators – Salaries & Benefits $ 112,000
- Mentor Program Software, Supplies, Event $ 12.000
Ferndale High School BTO Program:
- 1 Mentor Coordinator $ 56,000
- Mentor Program Software, Supplies, Event $ 6,000
Total $ 186,000
Additional Partners for Schools organization expenses:
- Engagement tools, Testimonial Videos, Administration $ 20,000