What happens when our youth are disconnected?
A growing number of youth are feeling isolated and alone. For some, it is because of family issues. For many, it is increased pressure that social media and society are placing on your youth. The results are devastating.
- Grades and course completion go down.
- Our youth feel worthless and hopeless.
- School attendance goes down.
- Youth are dealing with anxiety and depression.
- They stop dreaming about their future.
- They lash out to hurt others because of their
Hear about the positive impact mentoring makes in student’s lives in their own words.
Are You Ready to Help Our Youth Succeed?
It is easy to help. We have a simple three step process.
1. CHOOSE AN ENGAGEMENT
2. JOIN THE TEAM
3. SEE A YOUTH’S LIFE TRANSFORMED
How the Mentorship Program Works in Schools
Be The One works with the community and the school to facilitate to mentorship program. Community support is critical to the program’s success.
The Community Commits to Supporting the Program
The mentorship program costs almost $62,000 a year to run in a school district. The full cost is covered by donations from individuals and corporations.
Volunteer mentors are the heart of the program. Be The One trains and equips the mentors so they feel confident connecting to their student.
Mentors are Connected with Students
The mentor coordinator works to pair mentors with students who have similar personalities and interests.
Who Benefits from Mentorship?
A common misconception is that mentorship is only for troubled youth. That’s not true at all. Mentorship is open to all youth.
We send our regular emails where we apply the lessons of mentorship to encourage and challenge you in your relationship at home and at work.
Mentorship also benefits adults. In the business world, it is an honor to have a mentor.
Join our Email Newsletter
Be The One has partnered with these amazing schools
At Be The One, we understand the many unique challenges our youth face today. Through
mentorship, students are connected with an adult that matches their interests and personality. For one
hour a week students meet with their mentor at school in a safe and positive environment.
Be The One removes the financial burden of the program from the school by raising community
support to fund a full time Mentor Coordinator position who is an employee of the school.
Be The One also helps by attracting mentors and training them to effectively connect with students.
What are the Benefits of mentorship?
National studies, along with our own experience, show mentorship has lasting benefits.
- Youth feel valued and important.
- Their attendance at school and activities
- Their behavior towards themselves and
- They find a new sense of hope for the future.
- They are more likely to graduate and go on to higher education.
- They have more self confidence and resiliency.
- They grow up to be valuable contributors to their community, their families, and their workplace.