Nooksack Valley High School & Middle School
Be The One Coordinator Report
Stories to share (names have been changed):
- A student quickly transferred to another Whatcom County school. The Mentor expressed concerns and I did some checking. Within a week I was in a meeting with the Mentor, the student and the school Counselor (at the new school). We were able to arrange for the relationship to continue in the new school within their system. A very good result for all!
- While recently interviewing a new Mentor she informed me how she had twins that were born premature. The next day I am interviewing a possible Mentee match who informs me she is a twin and they were born premature…
February Mentoring Update:
- We have a total of 13 matches, 4 Middle School, 9 high school.
- Two Mentors completed the process and in the matching phase.
- Two students moved out of the district; each Mentor is in process of a new match.
- Met with area Coordinators.
- Attended Mentor Equipping with a focus on “Understanding Poverty Culture”
- Supported Chuck Handy in making BTO presentations to NVSD staff members.
- Presenting at Mentor Equipping March 2 & 3, Understanding Today’s Youth and Young Adults.
- Orientation – Thursday March 12, 12 Noon – 2 PM at NV High School.
- Monthly Coordinators gathering March 24.
Be the One Community Mentor Coordinator @ Nooksack Valley High School & Middle School.