Stories to share:
To Go or Not To Go – That is the question!
In the last edition of the monthly report, a mentor was coordinating a Zoom with an Alaskan Fisherman because her mentee is considering working in the canneries this summer. This month, the pair talked to Buck the Fisherman over Zoom. He shared that bringing a friend makes it more fun, the days are long but the pay is good ($10,000 or so) for only working several weeks and it’s something she could do for consecutive summers meanwhile accruing a raise and more responsibility. They will fly her out to Alaska and house her for free. It’s not for the faint of heart, but if you’re looking for an adventure then it’s the perfect job! The mentee is still deciding if she wants to commit to this opportunity…stay tuned!
Total Matched Pairs: 30 matches
24 are meeting in-person
5 are using Zoom
1 is using email
Goals met for January
· Start 1-5 new matches (4 new matches!)
· Schedule for 2nd semester (Everyone is scheduled!)
· Plan EOY celebration (Met w/Anita Locker to develop plan)
Goals for March
· Schedule next Mentor Orientation
· Meet with FHS Principal to approve EOY celebration
· 4 new match this month
· Mentee/Mentor recruitment
o BTO Ad in Newsie (FHS Musical Production) Feb 24-26 & March 3-5
o Multiple student referrals this month! – We are going to need more mentors!
· Mentor Training – Deepening Conversations w/your Mentee – February 8th & 9th
o 2 FHS mentors & FHS coordinator attended
· FHS coordinators met with Anita Locker to plan EOY Celebration
o Next step is to meet with FHS Principal for approval
§ Meeting scheduled in March
· Mentor Coordinators are checking in with each other and collaborating on a regular basis.