Nooksack Valley High School & Middle School
Be The One Coordinator Report
April 2020 – Mentoring in a time of Corona Virus
Stories to share (names have been changed):
- Mentors have been faithful in extending support to students through emails. The surprise has been times students have responded. Also, I have been checking in with students. I Generally ask, “How are you doing?” and, “how can we help you?” I was pleasantly surprised when one Middle School student indicated that her best school support is her mentor. Way to go team!
April Mentoring Update:
- We have 15 matches, 6 Middle School, 9 high school (2 High School matches ended with a mentor moving out of state)
- 2 (video) gatherings with mentors
- (Video) meeting with area Coordinators
- Joined conferences sponsored by Washington Mentors, varied topics
- Exploring expanded options for mentoring during adjusted school schedules
- Doing our best to support students during this time away from the school building
- Preparing for the coming school year
Be the One Community Mentor Coordinator @ Nooksack Valley High School & Middle School.